|300 g g||Flour Flour|
|175 g g||Brown Sugar Brown Sugar|
|200 g g||Butter Butter|
|at room temperature, cubed plus a little for frying|
|1 pinches pinch||Salt Salt|
|450 g g||Apples Apple|
|peeled, cored and cut into 1 cm pieces|
|50 g g||Brown Sugar Brown Sugar|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Flour Flour|
|1 pinches pinch||Cinnamon Cinnamon|
Amy’s Apple Crumble
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Taking a few cubes of butter at a time rub into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Place the fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle over the sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Stir well being careful not to break up the fruit.
- Butter a 24cm/9in ovenproof dish and spoon the fruit mixture into the bottom, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture bubbling.
- Serve with ice-cream, cream or custard.