|3 pieces piece||Eggs Egg|
|1 pinches pinch||Salt Salt|
|102 g g||Sugar Sugar|
|1,25 tsp tsp||Gingerbread Spice Gingerbread Spice|
|70 g g||Flour Flour|
|1 tsp tsp||Baking Powder Baking Powder|
|2 tbsp tbsp|| Gingerbread Liqueur
|600 g g||Apples Apple|
|0,5 half half||Lemon Lemon|
|150 ml ml||Apple juice Apple juice|
|1 dash dash||Vanilla Extract Vanilla Extract|
|300 g g|| Cream
|1 packet packet||Icing Sugar Icing Sugar|
|80 g g||White chocolate White chocolate|
|1 dash dash||Green Food Colouring Green Food Colouring|
Apple & Gingerbread Cake
- Separate eggs.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt and add 40g of sugar, continue beating until egg whites form a peak.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and gingerbread spices together, add in flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Place cake mixture in a baking tray (22cm in diameter).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and slice evenly into two layers.
- Lightly drizzle on liqueur.
Apple Cream filling:
- Peel, core and dice apples, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Place 50ml apple juice and sugar in a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes until mixture has dissolved.
- Mix icing powder together with remaining juice.
- Add in the diced apple, allow to boil, continue stirring and allow to cool.
- Spread on top of the bottom layer of the cake, then place the top layer on top.
Gingerbread Cream Filling:
- Beat icing sugar, gingerbread spice and whipped cream together until stiff.
- Decorate with a layer of cream all over the cake, use a piping bag to pipe flower shapes and sprinkle decorative sugar.
Christmas Tree Decoration:
- Break up white chocolate, melt over a hot water and place in a piping bag.
- Make at least 12 trees.
- Decorate with green coloured sugar and let it set.
- Place chocolate christmas trees around the cake.
- The cake can be baked the day before.
- You can also make the christmas trees 1-2 days in advance, keep them cool and in a dry area.