|200 g g||Pasta Pasta|
|6 pieces piece||Bacon Bacon|
|1 tsp tsp||Parsley Parsley|
|fresh, finely chopped|
|50 g g||Butter Butter|
|50 g g||Flour Flour|
|360 ml ml||Milk Milk|
|200 g g||Cheddar Cheddar|
|Irish Vintage, grated|
|150 g g||Parmesan Parmesan|
|0,5 tsp tsp||Smoked paprika Smoked paprika|
|0,25 tsp tsp||Garlic Powder Garlic Powder|
|0,25 tsp tsp||Nutmeg Nutmeg|
|25 g g||Breadcrumbs Breadcrumbs|
|360 ml ml||Lager Lager|
Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese Pots
Preparation time: 0:20 min
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Cook the macaroni for two minutes less than the package instructions. Drain and Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan greased with cooking spray, until brown and crispy, crush and mix with the breadcrumbs and chopped parsley. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter, whisk in the flour and cook until frothy and golden in colour. Whisk in milk and beer, stir in the cheeses and continue to stir until the sauce thickens. Add the smoked paprika, garlic powder and nutmeg. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. The sauce should be smooth and creamy and pourable, if it is too thick, add a bit of milk until desired consistency.
- Mix the sauce with the cooked macaroni and divide into 2 oven proof bowls.
- Sprinkle the bacon mixture thickly over the top and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with toasted french baguette or garlic bread, if desired.
Cooks Tips!Bacon can also be added into the macaroni and sauce for a decadent meaty dish.