|250 g g||Dark Chocolates Dark Chocolate|
|200 g g||Butter Butter|
|75 ml ml||Milk Milk|
|200 g g||Self-Raising Flour Self-Raising Flour|
|2 tsp tsp||Baking Powder Baking Powder|
|1 tsp tsp||Cocoa Powder Cocoa Powder|
|200 g g||Sugar Sugar|
|1 pinches pinch||Salt Salt|
|1 tsp tsp||Cinnamon Cinnamon|
|1 tsp tsp|| Nutmeg
|125 g g||Chocolate Chocolate|
|25 g g||Icing Sugar Icing Sugar|
- Break 75g of dark chocolate and melt over the hot water bath. Allow to cool slightly.
- Stir butter, sugar and salt until creamy.
- Mix eggs and chilled chocolate together.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cocoa, cinnamon and the nutmeg with the milk. Mix everything together.
- Fill the cake mixture into a greased proof tray/box shape (30 cm long) and bake in the preheated oven at 175°c for approx 50 minutes. Towards the end of baking cover the cake with foil to prevent the surface from burning.
- Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- Remove from the baking tray and cut in coffin shape.
- Break up the remaining dark and bitter chocolate and melt over the water bath.
- Cover the cake with chocolate sauce and allow to dry.
- Mix icing sugar with a little water ensuring a pouring consistincy.
- Pour into a piping bag and design spooky messages on the tombstones.