|2||Baby Gem Lettuce Baby Gem Lettuce|
|Olive Oil Olive Oil|
Grilled Gem Lettuce
Preparation time: 0:05 min
1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a griddle or frying pan over a high heat.
2. Slice the little gem lettuces into half, and then half again.
3. When the pan is hot, add the lettuce to the pan and fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, so that they begin to char.
4. Transfer to a serving plate. Squeeze a little lemon juice on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Serve as part of a summer BBQ or as a super quick side dish to a Sunday roast lunch.