|Caster Sugar Caster Sugar|
|1 pinches pinch||Salt Salt|
|15 g g||Dark Chocolates Dark Chocolate|
(Just the egg whites)
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt at a medium speed until the mixture resembles a fluffy cloud.
- Add the caster sugar a dessert spoonful at a time.
- It’s important to add the sugar slowly at this stage as it helps prevent the meringue from weeping later.
- Place in an icing bag with a medium hole spout and draw small ghosts onto a sheet of baking paper.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 120°C for about 1 hour, until light and crisp. Allow to cool completely.
- To decorate: Chop the dark chocolate and melt over a hot water bath.
- Put melted chocolate in a freezer bag, cut off a very small corner and dot eyes and smiles onto the ghosts faces. Allow to dry.
- These can be served with fresh fruit, check out what is on offer in our Super Savers and add fresh cream if desired.