|1 knob knob||Butter Butter|
|2 packet packet||Lamb Chop Lamb Chop|
|1 packet packet||Mushrooms Mushroom|
|1 packet packet||Lardon Lardon|
|peeled and sliced|
|1 handfuls handful||Sage Sage|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Sugar Sugar|
|2||Red Onions Red Onion|
|peeled and quartered|
|2||Red Wine Red Wine|
|1||Chicken Stock Chicken Stock|
|dissolved in 200ml water|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Flour Flour|
Melting Lamb in Red Wine Sauce
These gigot chops really shine when they are slow cooked. Serve this with a decadent buttery mash... It's the ultimate comfort food to be enjoyed at home with a special bottle of red wine for a special occasion.
- Set your oven to 160 deg.
- Melt your butter in a casserole and add your onions.
- Cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes then add your garlic , bacon and mushrooms.
- Sweat for 3 minutes or so ,then add the flour over a gentle heat.
- After a couple of minutes add the wine, stock , sugar and herbs and bring to a simmer.
- Season your chops then add them to the pot making sure as much as possible that they are covered with the liquid.. To help,place some greaseproof paper or baking parchment on top and press everything down.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour 15 mins till the lamb is tender and the sauce thickened.
- Severe with the mash and some copped parsley if you like.
NB .. When it comes to stews always make a little more than needed as it's even better the next day ...or brilliant for the freezer.