|120 g g||Butter Butter|
|60 g g||Icing Sugar Icing Sugar|
|1 pinches pinch||Salt Salt|
|1 large large||Cinnamon Cinnamon|
|1 pieces piece||Egg Yolks Egg Yolk|
|190 g g||Flour Flour|
|2 large large||Oranges Orange|
|80 g g||Sugar Sugar|
|3 large large||Eggs Egg|
|400 g g||Crème Fraîche Crème Fraîche|
|80 g g||Kumquats Kumquats|
|80 ml ml||Orange Juice Orange Juice|
|100 g g||Marzipan Marzipan|
Orange Tarte with Kumquats
- Dice the butter and mix together with the other pastry ingredients to form a smooth pastry, adding 1-2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Allow to rest for 2 hours.
- Roll out on a little flour and cover a baking tray (26 cm in diameter) with baking paper, forming a 2-3cm edge.
- Prod the pastry several times with a fork, cover with baking paper and blind back in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 10 minutes.
- Peal and squeeze the fresh oranges.
- Mix the orange juice and a little grated orange peel with sugar and eggs and blend together the crème fraiche.
- Pour the orange cream on top of the baked and cooled pastry.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 120°C and bake the tart for about 70 minutes until the orange cream becomes firm.
- Remove from the over, allow to cool.
- Clean the Kumquats and cut into slices.
- Boil orange juice and sugar in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick. Add in the sliced kumquats and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the cake tin.
- Roll out the marzipan and cut into stars shapes, place on top of the cake.
- Garnish with kumquats and sprinkle with a little orange syrup.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- The tart can be prepared one day in advance.
- The Kumquats can also be prepared the day before.
- Garnish with marzipan and kumquats before serving.