|1 pieces piece||Lime Lime|
|70 g g||Cranberries Cranberries|
|250 g g||Butter Butter|
|100 g g||Hazelnuts Hazelnuts|
|750 g g||Pears Pear|
|0,5 tsp tsp||Cinnamon Cinnamon|
|0,25 tsp tsp||Coriander Coriander|
|150 g g||Brown Sugar Brown Sugar|
|375 g g||Flour Flour|
|3 tsp tsp||Baking Powder Baking Powder|
|1 pieces piece||Eggs Egg|
Pear and Hazelnut Sprinkles with Cranberries
- Mix cranberries with the lime juice and leave to soak for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool.
- Very finely chop 50g of hazelnuts, leaving a small amount to the side. Peel, deseed and quarter the pears.
- Add 1 tsp of cinnamon and coriander to the cranberries.
- Blend sugar, ground nuts, flour, baking powder and cinnamon together and beat in the egg and cooled butter.
- Place a thin layer of pastry on the base and around the edges of a greased proof baking tray.
- Add the pear mixture.
- Do not roll out the remaining pastry, sprinkle on top of the pears
- Pre-heat the oven at 200°C and bake for roughly 50 minutes.
- Cover the surface with tinfoil to prevent the pastry burning.
- Allow to cool before removing from the baking tray.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.