|350 ml ml||Milk Milk|
|30 g g||Fresh Yeast Fresh Yeast|
|200 g g||Sugar Sugar|
|1 pinches pinch||Salt Salt|
|500 g g||Flour Flour|
|150 g g||Butter Butter|
|3 pieces piece||Eggs Egg|
|250 g g||Poppy Seeds Poppy Seeds|
|75 g g||Almonds Almond|
|75 g g||Sultanas Sultanas|
|125 g g||Caster Sugar Caster Sugar|
|1 tbsp tbsp||White Rum White Rum|
|2 tbsp tbsp|| Lemon
Poppy Seed Stollen
- For the pastry heat the milk until warm.
- Crumble the yeast and dissolve with 1 tbsp of sugar and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, flour, butter and eggs with the yeast milk until a soft dough is formed, then cover and leave in a warm place for approx. 1 hour.
- Boil the milk and sugar for the filling.
- Add the poppy seeds and boil for 1 min.
- Gradually adding in the ground almonds, sultanas and butter.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes and remove from the hob, leave aside to cool.
- Roll out the pastry on a small amount of flour, form a rectangle shape (approx. 35 x 45 cm).
- Pour the poppy filling onto the pastry. Place the seam down diagonally on a sheet that is covered with baking paper.
- Leave covered for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 175°C and bake for approx 40-45 min.
- Remove and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Wrap the cake in a warm tea towel and slowly roll away from you.
- Blend sugar with rum and lemon juice to form a liquid.
- Wipe the surface of the warm cake allowing the liquid to soak in.
- Delicious served with fresh cream or ice-cream.