|2 tbsp tbsp||Olive Oil Olive Oil|
|1 large large||Onions Onion|
|1 large large||Carrots Carrot|
|stalk, finely chopped|
|500 g g||Beef Mince Beef Mince|
|3 cloves clove||Garlic Garlic|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Dried Oregano Dried Oregano|
|1 tsp tsp||Basil Basil|
|1 pieces piece||Bay Leaf Bay Leaf|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Tomato Puree Tomato Puree|
|800 g g||Chopped Tomatoes Chopped Tomatoes|
|2 x 400g tins|
|200 ml ml||Tomato Passata Tomato Passata|
|100 ml ml||Red Wine Red Wine|
|1 pieces piece||beef stock cubes beef stock cubes|
|1 pinches pinch||Salt Salt|
|400 g g||Spaghetti Spaghetti|
|1 handfuls handful||Parmesan Parmesan|
|4 slices slice||Garlic Bread Garlic Bread|
Scrummy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Cook the onion, carrot and celery for 12-15 minutes until softened.
- Increase the heat and add the beef mince. Cook until browned all over, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the garlic, oregano, basil and bay leaf and cook for five minutes longer.
- Stir in the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, passata, red wine and beef stock cube. Season generously and cover with a lid. Simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain and stir into the Bolognese sauce.
- Serve hot with grated Parmesan and garlic bread.