Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Servings - 8
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 1 pack of XXL Mince
- 1 jar of Bolognese Sauce
- 3 tbsp Red Pesto
- ½ a jar of sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 60ml water or red wine
- 1 pack of Spaghetti
- 1 - 2 Garlic Baguettes (optional)
- Basil and Finely grated parmesan to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the mince to the pan. Break it up with a spatula or spoon as the mince cooks.
- Cook the mince for 5 - 10 minutes; until it’s all nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, put your spaghetti in a pot, cover with boiling water and make sure it’s fully submerged. Add a generous pinch of salt to prevent it from sticking together!
- Allow the spaghetti to cook for 8 - 10 minutes, depending on how al dente, or not, you would like it.
- Add the bolognese sauce, pesto, sundried tomatoes, and the water or red wine to the mince mixture. Bring to the boil and then simmer while your pasta cooks.
- Drain your pasta in a colander.
- Place the pasta back into the pot you cooked it in. Add ¾ of the mince mixture to the pasta, and mix it all together using a pair of tongs.
- Serve the spaghetti in bowls topped with a little more of the mince mixture. Sprinkle with grated parmesan, some fresh basil, a little black pepper if desired, and a side of garlic bread for cleaning up your bowl.