|1 dash dash||Olive Oil Olive Oil|
|1 slices slice|| Chorizo
|4 fillets fillet|| Chicken Thighs
|1 large large||Onions Onion|
|1 large large||Dried Red Chilli Pepper Dried Red Chilli Pepper|
|3 cloves clove||Garlic Garlic|
|400 g g||Chopped Tomatoes Chopped Tomatoes|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Sugar Sugar|
|1 pinches pinch||Salt Salt|
|1 bunch bunch|| Parsley
|1 bowl bowl||Lemon Lemon|
Tomato and Rosemary Roast Chicken
Preparation time: 0:10
- Pre-heat your oven to 200c/180c fan/gas mark 6.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in an oven-proof pan or pot over a medium to high heat on the hob. Fry the chorizo for 5 minutes until it has released its delicious oils. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry your chicken thighs in the leftover chorizo oils over a medium to high heat for 5 minutes. You just want to brown the meat a little. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Finely dice your onion, garlic and red chilli. Fry the onion, garlic and red chilli in the same pan as you cooked your chicken and chorizo for 3 minutes or until the onion has started to soften. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, the sugar and a pinch of salt and pepepr. Mix really well. Return the chorizo to the pan and mix into the tomato sauce. Finally, return the chicken thighs to the pan.
- Transfer your oven-proof pan or pot to the oven and roast for 35 minutes. If you don't have a pan or pat that works on both the hob and in the oven, use a frying pan for the first part and then transfer the chicken and chorizo stew to a roasting dish for its oven roasting.
- After 35 minutes of roasting, remove the chicken stew and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with a sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley and a slice of lemon or lime on the side.