|1 packet packet||Duck Breasts Duck Breast|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Linseed Oil Linseed Oil|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Balsamic Vinegar Balsamic Vinegar|
|1 packet packet||Mixed Salad Mixed Salad|
|1 pieces piece||Pomegranates Pomegranate|
|4 large large||Beetroots Beetroot|
|100 g g||Green Bean Green Bean|
|1 packet packet||Goat's Cheese Goat's Cheese|
|or Feta cheese|
|50 g g||Walnuts Walnut|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Wholegrain Mustard Wholegrain Mustard|
|1 pieces piece||Oranges Orange|
Warm Duck Salad with Beetroot and Pomegranate
1. Cook beetroot in boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Peel and quarter when cool enough to handle, then set aside, alternatively use pre-cooked and packed beetroots.
2. Gently press each pomegranate half over a juicer to extract juice and loosen seeds. Place the juice in a bowl, then using a teaspoon, remove the seeds and add to the bowl.
3. Place oil, vinegar, mustard and 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice in a bowl. Season with ½ tsp pepper and a sprinkle of salt, then set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 190°C. Heat an ovenproof non-stick frying pan on medium-low heat.
5. Place duck and cook for 6-8 minutes, skin-side down, until most of the fat has rendered and skin is crisp. Turn, cook for 30 seconds, then transfer pan to oven and cook for a further 5 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
6. In the same pan, gently toss nuts in a pan over a medium heat until sizzling to release oils and then remove from heat.
7. Place beets, beans, leaves, and cheese in a bowl. Toss gently with 3 tablespoons dressing. Pile onto plates. Thinly slice duck and add to salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and 1tsp of squeezed orange juice and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds to serve with a garnish of sliced orange.