|250 g g|| Bread
(panettone works best)
|500 ml ml||Custard Custard|
|100 g g||White chocolate White chocolate|
|100 ml ml|| Irish Cream Liqueur
Irish Cream Liqueur|
|50 g g|| Demerara Sugar
Christmas Bread & Butter Pudding
1. Split the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape out the seeds and add to a medium saucepan. Pour the cream and milk into this and bring to a steady simmer.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until the sugar has dissolved. Slowly whisk the warm milk mixture into this and then return both to the pan, before placing over a low to medium heat.
3. Cook for 5 minutes over a gentle heat until the mixture has sligthly thickend. It should lightly coat the back of a spoon. Once it has reached this point, stir through the cream liqueur.
4. Butter a ovendish and arrange the bread in it. Evenly disperse the mincemeat in a few dots across the dish.
5. Pour over the custard mixture and leave to soak for at least 2 hours. When ready to bake, sprinkle over the demerara sugar.
6. Preheat oven to 180°C. Pop in the baking dish on the middle rack. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.