Caramalised Onion Butter
|2 tbsp tbsp||Rapeseed Oil Rapeseed Oil|
|3 pieces piece||Anchovy Filet in Oil Anchovy Filet in Oil|
|1 pieces piece|| Onions
|1 pinches pinch||Brown Sugar Brown Sugar|
|120 g g|| Butter
(at room temperature)
|1 pieces piece||Rib Of Beef Rib Of Beef|
|2 tbsp tbsp||Olive Oil Olive Oil|
Rib Roast with Caramalised Onion Butter
1. For the butter, heat the oil in a heavy-based pan over amedium-low heat. Add the anchovies and cook for 3-4minutes until they have dissolved, stirring frequently.
2. Add the onion and sugar then cook for 45 minutesuntil caramelised, stirring frequently. Add a splash ofwater if needed to stop the onions from catching onthe bottom of the pan.
3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to roomtemperature.
4. In a food processor, combine the cooled caramelisedonions and butter. Pulse until smooth. Use parchmentpaper to form the butter into a log. Wrap up tightly,then place in the fridge until firm.
5. Remove the rib roast from the fridge 30 minutesbefore you start cooking. Preheat the oven to180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
6. Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan over a high heat.Brown the rib roast on all sides.
7. Place a knob of the caramelised onion butter on topof the rib roast, then transfer the pan to the centreof the oven and cook for 6 minutes for rare, 8-10minutes for medium-rare, 14 minutes for medium or16-17 minutes for medium-well.
8. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow torest for 15 minutes
9. Carve the steak and divide between plates, then topeach with a generous slice of the caramelised onionbutter and serve with baked potatoes and green beans.
Per serving: 822kcals, 58.1g fat (25.3g saturated),2.7g carbs (1.3g sugars), 69.1g protein,