|650 g g||Carrots Carrot|
|tailed and peeled|
|600 g g||Steak Steak|
|50 g g||Ginger Ginger|
|peeled and shredded into thin matchsticks|
|30 g g||Sultanas Sultanas|
|150 g g||Spinach Spinach|
|28 g g||beef stock cubes beef stock cubes|
|1 sprigs sprig||Thyme Thyme|
|500 ml ml||Water Water|
|12 g g||Flour Flour|
|2 tbsp tbsp||Sunflower Oil Sunflower Oil|
Gingered Beef, Carrot and Spinach Casserole
- Set your oven to 160 deg.
- Put your steak in a bowl, add the flour, season and turn everything together.
- Chop your carrots into smallish chunks.
- Heat the oil in a casserole until gently smoking and carefully add the meat to the pot.
- Brown the meat for 5 minutes over a high heat and add the carrots, ginger, sultanas, water stockpot and thyme.
- Stir everything together and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and put in the oven for 1 hour 45 minutes until the meat is tender.
- Remove and when you're ready to serve , fold in the spinach and allow it to cook for a minute then season and dish up.
NB ... Boiled potatoes , mash, or even rice would be lovely with this dish.