|400 g g||Steak Steak|
|1 handfuls handful||Black Peppercorn Black Peppercorn|
|20 ml ml||Brandy Brandy|
|1 pieces piece||beef stock cubes beef stock cubes|
|50 ml ml||Cream Cream|
|20 ml ml||Mustard Mustard|
Craig and Mairead - Craig's Steak with Peppercorn Sauce
- Coarsely crush the peppercorns and tip them into a sieve with a bowl underneath. Shake out the powdered pepper.
- Place the frying pan on a high heat, allow to get very hot. While the pan is heating, mix the larger pieces of pepper with 1 tsp sea salt, spread the mix out on a plate and dip each steak into it so that the meat is completely coated in salt and pepper.
- The pan should be very hot by now, so pour in 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the steaks and cook each side, depending how rare or well done you like them.
- With the pan still on a high heat, pour in the brandy (taking care as you pour it in, as it may flame!!!), boil for a few seconds, and then add the stock, cream and mustard. Whisk to combine and boil until it thickens slightly. Taste the sauce for seasoning then spoon over the steaks and serve immediately.
- Serve with honey roasted carrots, parsley, baby potatoes and Lidl steak cut chips. Yum!
For more Lidl Trolleycam recipe favourites, browse our website today!