Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Servings - 6
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 pack of Lidl XXL Chicken (or whichever is on promotion X week)
- 2 tsp paprika*
- 1 tsp cumin*
- ½ tsp garlic powder*
- ½ tsp ground salt*
- 3 bell peppers, finely sliced
- 1 pack of Tortilla wraps**
- 1 pack guacamole
- Shredded gem lettuce, Black Pepper
Optional Coriander Lime Sauce
- 60g sour cream or creme fraiche
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add 1 tbsp of the oil to a large pan. Place over a medium to high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan.
- Add the seasoning, toss to coat with the chicken, and cook for about 8 - 10 minutes; until the chicken has browned and is cooked through. Set chicken to one side. Cover with foil to keep warm..
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add the peppers and cook for 8 - 10 minutes; until charred and tender.
- Meanwhile whisk together coriander lime sauce ingredients in a bowl. Alternatively you can just dress the fajita with straight up sour cream or creme fraiche.
- Heat your tortilla wraps in the microwave for 20 -30 seconds, in a low oven, or in a dry pan over a low heat for about 20 seconds on each side.
- Add some guacamole to a warm tortilla wrap, sprinkle with some chopped lettuce, top with peppers, chicken, a few dollops of sauce or sour cream, and a little black pepper before tucking in.
- To assemble a burrito bowl, add Mexican or long grain rice to a large bowl, top with some shredded lettuce, peppers, chicken, corn, kidney beans, some chopped tomatoes or salsa and some sauce or sour cream. This one makes for a great use of leftovers as it’s nice cold.
- For a burrito, add rice of choice to the center of a warm wrap. Add a spoonful of sweetcorn, kidney beans, and a small handful of peppers on top of the rice. Shred or chop up your chicken pieces before adding them to the center of the wrap. Fold in the outer sides, then fold in the side closest to you over the filling and roll tightly. Eat from one end, or slice down the center. The burrito wraps can also be wrapped in foil and placed into the air fryer or oven to heat through.
*You can alternatively use fajita seasoning included in the Fajita Kit
**You can alternatively use the wraps included in our Fajita Kit
***For making a burrito or burrito bowl add canned sweetcorn, kidney beans, microwavable long grain or mexican rice, and some chopped cherry tomatoes or salsa