|350 g g||Flour Flour|
|1 tsp tsp||Cinnamon Cinnamon|
|100 g g||Caster Sugar Caster Sugar|
|225 g g||Butter Butter|
|300 g g||White chocolate White chocolate|
Halloween Mummy Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Stir together the flours, cinnamon, caster sugar and unsalted butter together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Using your hands, form into a dough and flatten into a disk. Wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Roll between parchment paper to 2cm thick.
4. Shape into a rectangular bar shapes. Use a sharp knife to trim to these dimensions and cut dough into 10 bars. Arrange these on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes until a little golden. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Using two forks, dip the mummies in the bowl containing 200g melted white chocolate. Coat the cookies and return to the cooling rack. Pop a tray lined with parchment below to catch the excess drips and for ease of cleaning.
7. Place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes until hardened.
8. Place the remaining 50ml melted chocolate in a small piping bag, snip a small piece off the end and drizzle over the cookies to create lines criss crossing over the top. On the top of each cookie. Make two eyes. Place this in the fridge to cool and set.
9. Use a black sugar pasteto put eyes on the dots.